Wednesday, December 3, 2008

On temperature

It's been a while since I've posted an entry, but last night in bed I decided this essay needed to be written. I am always cold. When anyone else is comfortable in a room, I am cold. My hands and even my nose get icy. Nobody understands it, not even my doctor. There are VERY few times in the summer that I am what I would consider "hot." Through most of the year, this coldness is merely an annoyance. However, when the snow flies, I get desperate. I drink hot teas, even before bed...and yes, I DO have to get up in the middle of the night. I wear layers during the day. I even wear fingerless mittens so my hands are a little warmer, yet I can still play the piano in my classroom. I have snuggly blankets on the couch. I have a snuggly zippered outfit I wear UNDER the snuggly blankets. I wear wool socks to bed. I even put a t-shirt over my head as I'm climbing into bed to keep my body heat in. ( I should really knit a Victorian night cap for myself!) Luckily, my husband is used to my methods of retaining body heat. He wants me to be comfortable. I may not look like a Victoria's Secret model at bedtime. At least I'm not an icicle when interest rises. You know what they say. Cold hands, warm heart.

No comments: